Here is a great recipe to put away for Mardi Gras!
Cajun Chicken and Shrimp CreolePrint Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thights
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 15 oz stewed tomatoes UNDRAINED AND CHOPPED
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp peeled Deveined and cleaned
- 1 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Add Bell pepper, onion, celery , tomatoes, garlic, sugar, paprika, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours
- Add shrimp, lemon juice and hot sauce. Cover an cook 45 minutes to 1 hour or until shrimp are done. Serve over hot rice.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 704mg | Potassium: 626mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1095IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg