This post may contain affiliate links.
Here is a great recipe to put away for Mardi Gras!
Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Creole
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 9 hours
Total Time 9 hours 10 minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thights
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 can 15 oz STEWED TOMATOES, UNDRAINED AND CHOPPED
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp peeled Deveined and cleaned
- 1 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste
- Hot cooked rice
Place chicken in crock pot.
Add Bell pepper, onion, celery , tomatoes, garlic, sugar, paprika, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours
Add shrimp, lemon juice and hot sauce. Cover an cook 45 minutes to 1 hour or until shrimp are done. Serve over hot rice.