This post may contain affiliate links.
A new year usually means healthier eating resolutions. I really do try to eat healthy MOST of the time. It is nice to have a treat from time to time though, I am not going to lie. This meal is so so full of flavor and a perfect choice if you are trying to eat healthier. PLUS, it is a main dish and side dish in one! This Crockpot Strawberry Balsamic Pork & Baked Sweet Potatoes should be on your menu this week.
I used pork chops this time but you could totally use a pork roast for this too.
In a small bowl I whisked together the balsamic vinegar, strawberry preserves, cilantro, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
In the crockpot place your pork chops or roast and top it with a couple pieces of bacon. Trust me…the bacon adds the best flavor to the pork chops.
Pour the balsamic strawberry marinade over the top of all of it. Now you could put the lid on the crockpot and be done here. OR….
Wrap up some sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and place them right on top. Seriously! That is it! Now put the lid on your crockpot and cook it on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve the pork with some fresh diced strawberries on a bed of baby spinach, and of course the sweet potato on the side. Talk about a healthy balanced meal. This just tastes so fresh and so full of flavor. you will want to make it again and again
Crockpot Strawberry Balsamic Pork & Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lbs Pork Chops or Boneless Pork Roast
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Preserves
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- dash of salt & pepper
- 2 slices of baconSweet Potatoes optional
- Whole sweet potatoes
- Aluminum FoilServing option
- Diced Strawberries
- Baby Spinach
- Balsamic dressing
- IN a small bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar, strawberry preserves, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place pork in crockpot. Top with 2 slices of bacon, and then drizzle over the balsamic mix.
- If desired, wrap sweet potatoes with aluminum foil and place on top of the pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove potatoes and serve pork over a bed of baby spinach with diced strawberries. Top with balsamic dressing if desired. Serve potatoes on the side.