Looking for something a little different for dinner tonight? This recipe is perfect! Try this yummy Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup the next time you aren’t sure what to make. It is very simple to toss in your slow cooker when you are on the go.
Serve it with some tortilla chips and taco toppings (sour cream, cheese, chives, etc). I have even made this soup during the summer for a quick meal. It’s absolutely delicious! I try to keep all of the ingredients on hand all of the time.
Come back and leave a comment telling me how your family enjoyed this tasty Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup!
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1-2 tsp chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen or canned corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (for topping)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and chipotle adobo sauce and bring to a boil. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Pour into crock pot.
- To the crockpot, add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste. Serve in bowls and top with fat free sour cream, cheese, scallions and cilantro. You can also top with avocado or crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Gluten FreeThis can easily be made gluten free with a gluten free broth. As with all recipes read your ingredient labels carefully some may contain hidden gluten.
Dairy FreeOmit the Sour Cream & cheese or use a dairy-free alternative
Love this recipe?! You need to check out 10 Crockpot Chicken Freezer Meals In An Hour! They are a life saver!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.