I love double duty meals. Make this great roast beef and serve with mashed potatoes night one. Then take the left over beef and add a little bbq sauce and serve sandwiches night 2! Such a time saver
- 1 3-4 lb bottom round beef roast
- 1 12 ounce can cream of celery or mushroom soup (whatever your preference)
- ½ lb bacon (cooked and crumbled (reserve drippings))
- 3 -5 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 1 ½ ounce package dry onion soup mix
- 1 12 ounce can Cola
- 1 tbsp corn starch and 1 tbsp water mixed
- Pour 1 can of Cola into your crock pot and set temperature to low.
- Place your Beef Roast in the crock pot and sprinkle the Dry Onion Soup mix over roast and the cola
- While cooking the roast on low, fry the bacon to a crisp, crumble it and set aside.
- Pour the bacon drippings from cooking the bacon and drizzle them over your roast.
- Spread the bacon crumbles over your roast and dry onion soup mix.
- Cover roast and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or 4-6 hours on high.
- One hour before roast is to be served make your gravy.
- Lift roast out of crock pot and set aside.
- Add your one can of Cream of Celery soup and hand whisk until blended. For time's sake I use the electric mixer.
- Add corn starch and water mix and whisk in to thicken.
- Place your roast back into the crock pot and finish out your cooking time.
- Serve your roast with gravy over mashed potatoes.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.