A family friendly slow cooker dinner that will please a crowd! This delicious Crockpot Chili Tater Tot Casserole recipe is a winner! This post is sponsored by Conagra food for their #ChiliPride Campaign. All opinions are my own.
I love making Crockpot Chili! It is one of my favorites when the weather starts to cool down. I am a classic chili kind of girl, but I love to mix it up every once in a while. Since I picked up one of these fun Casserole Crockpots I have been dying to try different things. This Crockpot Chili Tater Tot Casserole was a HUGE hit!
The key to a great Crockpot Chili Tater Tot Casserole is a yummy chili base. You can't have a yummy chili base without quality ingredients! Great tasting chili starts with two essential ingredients: Hunt’s vine ripened tomatoes and BUSH’S® slow-simmered chili beans. These 2 are always in my pantry. I try to stay stocked up so I can whip up chili whenever the mood strikes.
I am not the only one who loves Hunt's Tomatoes and BUSH'S Chili Beans in my Chili! Check out the #ChiliPride Website.There are so many great chili recipes using these wonderful ingredients!
Watch Me Make Crockpot Chili Tater Tot Casserole
I told you this was an easy recipe. One question I did get is will the tater tots be crispy. When this recipe was done the tater tots were cooked through but a little softer than we like at my house. I just pulled the crock out of the crockpot and popped it in the oven at 450 degrees for about 5 minutes and it crisped them right up. However, I will say, this is still delicious if you don't put it in the oven.
Toss some shredded cheddar cheese right over the top of the tater tots and put the lid back on the crockpot for a few minutes and it melts right down over all of those tots! So tasty!
*Note* You do not HAVE TO use one of these Casserole Crockpots, but I did find that it gives the dish a better consistency than using a traditional crockpot. If you are going to use a traditional crockpot use the largest one you have, preferable 6 qt +.
Crockpot Chili Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup onion diced
- 28 oz Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
- 27 oz BUSH'S Best Chili Beans
- 14 oz canned corn drained
- ½ tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 32 oz Tater Tots Frozen
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef and onion over medium heat. Drain the fat.
- Pour the ground beef and onion into a Casserole Crockpot. Dump in the Hunt's Diced Tomatoes and Bush's Best Chili Beans without draining.
- Drain the canned corn and add it in as well as the chili powder and garlic salt. Stir all of the ingredients together.
- Top with all of the frozen tater tots. Cover and cook on high for 2 ½ hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- Before serving top the casserole with the shredded cheddar cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hunt's and BUSH'S. The opinions and text are all mine.