Sprinkle these on top of a salad, give them as a gift, or just enjoy this simple and delicious Crockpot Candied Pecans Recipe
During the holidays it is hard to walk into a mall or shopping center without smelling the intoxicating aroma of spiced nuts from one of the kiosks. There is just something about them that really screams holidays! It doesn't matter what time of year it is, these Crockpot Candied Pecans make a tasty treat. They are perfect sprinkled on salads for an added crunch, or even wrapped up and given as a thoughtful gift.
The beauty of it is, they only take a few ingredients to make with very little effort. My kind of recipe. Just dump, stir, and cover. Let these slow cook for 3 hours; smelling heavenly the entire time!
By the way these work great in any crockpot that is 4 quart or larger. I used my 4 quart crockpot for this and they turned out perfect.
Spread the candied pecans out on a cookie sheet to cool and then break up and store in an airtight container. Somehow, when I make these Crockpot Candied Pecans there aren't very many that make it to the container.
If you decide to give these as gifts you can use these cute Free Printable Watercolor Gift Tags to help you package them.
These are a huge hit sprinkled on top of this Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole too! Save a few to the side for left overs.
Crockpot Candied Pecans
- In a small bowl beat egg white, water, and vanilla until frothy. Set aside.
- Mix sugars, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place pecan halves into a 4qt or larger crockpot and pour the egg white mix over the top. Stir.
- Pour the sugar mix over the moistened pecans and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Opening to stir every 30 -45 minutes.
- After 3 hours remove the pecans from the crockpot and spread out on a baking sheet to cool. Once cool, break up and store in an airtight container.