This post may contain affiliate links.
Because life it better with Pumpkin! This Crockpot Pumpkin French Toast Recipe is to die for! So simple for a delicious fall breakfast!
As a rule of thumb, when Autumn hits all things Pumpkin are pretty much necessary! We love Crockpot French Toast for a special breakfast, but we decided to spice things up a bit with this Crockpot Pumpkin French Toast and boy am I glad we did!
It all started when I ran up to the store for a couple things and found this loaf of Cuban bread on sale for $0.30. YES, thirty cents! I couldn’t pass that up! It was screaming to become french toast casserole.
When I got home I cubed the bread and put it in the crockpot. Then in a bowl I mixed the pumpkin, egg, milk, pumpkin spice, and vanilla. I poured that over the top and placed the entire crock in the fridge overnight.
PS: If you have left over canned pumpkin, here is a fun trick so it doesn’t go to waste!
Early the next morning I pulled the crock out and placed it in the crockpot. Turned it on high for 2 hours and before I knew it the whole house smelled like Fall!
Served up with a bit of maple syrup and it was perfection!
Crockpot Pumpkin French Toast
- 1 loaf of French Cuban, or Italian Bread Cubed, or about 6 cups of cubed bread
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 6 eggs Large
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Place cubed bread in crockpot. I used a 6 quart.
- In a large bowl beat together pumpkin, eggs, milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar.
- Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate crock over night or for at least 4 hours.
- Place crock back into crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Serve with maple syrup.Dairy Free
- Use your favorite dairy free milk and breadGluten Free
- Use gluten free bread