Shrimp Creole (Slow Cooked)
Yield 8 -10
- 1/4 cup (1/2 Stick) Butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup bisquick baking mix
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans (6 oz) Tomato Paste
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- Pepper to taste
- 4 lbs Shrimp peeled, Deveined and cleaned
- Cook and stir butter and onion in medium skillet over reduced heat until onion is tender..
- Stir in biscuit mix. Place mixture in the crockpot.
- Add water, tomato paste, celery, bell pepper, salt, sugar, bay leaves, and pepper. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH and add shrimp. Cook on high 45 min-1 hour or until shrimp are done.
- Remove Bay Leaves and serve over rice.
Substitute a Gluten free baking mix or gluten free all purpose flour mix instead of the bisquick.