I am always looking for easy, delicious, warm breakfast recipes. With the abundance of apples this one is right up my alley. I would have never thought of breakfast risotto, but let me tell you what. It hits the spot!
- 3 Tbsp butter (cold)
- 4 medium apples (peeled, cored, diced)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice (ground)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups aborio rice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extractOptional toppings
- dried cranberries
- toasted coconut
- sliced almonds
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in large skillet over med-high heat. Add apples, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until apples begin to release juices. Transfer to crock-pot.
- Add rice and stir to coat. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over top of rice. Add apple juice and vanilla.
- Cover; cook on high setting 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with either dried cranberries,toasted coconut or sliced almonds if desired.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.