I am always looking for easy, delicious, warm breakfast recipes. With the abundance of apples this one is right up my alley. I would have never thought of breakfast risotto, but let me tell you what. It hits the spot!
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Risotto
- 3 Tbsp butter cold
- 4 medium apples peeled, cored, diced
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice ground
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups aborio rice
- ½ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extractOptional toppings
- dried cranberries
- toasted coconut
- sliced almonds
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in large skillet over med-high heat. Add apples, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until apples begin to release juices. Transfer to crock-pot.
- Add rice and stir to coat. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over top of rice. Add apple juice and vanilla.
- Cover; cook on high setting 1 ½ to 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with either dried cranberries,toasted coconut or sliced almonds if desired.