A delicious meal to serve with pasta during the Spring & Summer! Try this yummy Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe in your slow cooker!
I love pasta, but I am always looking for ways to change it up! Here is a great Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore recipe for the slow cooker that everyone loves! I think I love it because you can really dress this dish up for company and no one would know it came out of the crockpot!
It is a perfect dish for the spring and summer when the veggies are plentiful. I have also prepped this into gallon size ziplock bags for a Crockpot Freezer meal. When you are ready to go, just dump it in and cook. Makes it super simple to get dinner started even faster on those crazy days.
If you love Freezer Meals check out this 10 Chicken Crockpot Freezer Meals in an Hour Plan!
*Tip – If you are already make this, buy enough ingredients for 2 meals and prep one in a freezer bag for later, and one in the crockpot for today!
Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14 1/2- ounce can diced tomatoes drained
- 1/4 cup flour optionalServe With
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Hot cooked linguini
- Grated cheese Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- Add chicken to slow cooker, and then top chicken with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours.
- Garnish with fresh torn basil, and serve over linguini and pass the cheese.Note
- The flour is added as a thickener. It can be left out. You can thicken the sauce by removing the lid from the crockpot for the last 30 minutes and stirring in a couple tablespoons of cornstarch. Or leave as is.
- This works best in a 4-7 qt crockpot.
- Omit the flour. Use corn starch or potato starch to thicken instead.