Simple and delicious! Perfect for the holidays! This Crockpot Cranberry Sauce recipe is one of the easiest things you will ever make in a slow cooker!
Hubby laughed at me today and said I must be on a mission to cook an entire thanksgiving dinner in the Crockpot. He is catching on. I will actually have a full Thanksgiving Crock Pot Menu for you later in the week. Today's recipe is this amazing and super easy Crockpot Cranberry Sauce. You will never buy canned cranberries again! EVER!
What Size Crockpot?
This is best made in a small 4 quart crockpot like this one. A larger one wouldn't hurt if your were doubling the recipe, but I find that a 4 quart is plenty big enough. Save your big crockpot for something like your Crockpot stuffing.
How to Make Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
The simplicity of this recipe is perfect! My kids love to make this every Thanksgiving. It is now their job. Plus, it frees up space on the stove which is perfect!
You just simply dump the cranberries, sugar, and orange juice in the crockpot. Cook it on high with the lid shut for 2-3 hours or until the cranberries begin to pop. Give it a stir.
Crockpot Cranberry Sauce Tips
- I have been known to make this the day before and chill it in the fridge over night. I prefer my cranberry sauce chilled. So so good.
- Keeping the lid shut is a must. If you lift the lid you are releasing heat, which you need to pop the cranberries. No matter how tempted you are, no peaking.
Crockpots are the perfect solution to a busy holiday kitchen. (Check out all of these Thanksgiving Crockpot Recipes)
Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
- 4 Qt Crockpot
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice or water
- Combine cranberries with sugar and orange juice in small crock pot. I used a a 4 qt and doubled the recipe.
- Cover and cook on high 2 to 3 hours until cranberries begin to pop.
- Serve with turkey, pork, or chicken.