This post may contain affiliate links.
Shared Hundreds of Thousands of times this Crockpot Macaroni & Cheese Recipe is a keeper! Try this delicious homestyle dish today! |
I am convinced that given a chance a crockpot can cook just about anything. This version of cheesy creamy homestyle mac & cheese proves that. Who doesn’t love a big bowl of Homecooked Macaroni & Cheese? This Crockpot Macaroni & Cheese was one of the first recipes on MomsWithCrockpots back when it all started and it is still going strong many moons later. It has been shared Hundreds of Thousands of times and is still a winner!
So if you nee a side dish for your family, or to take to a get-together, or you just LOVE macaroni and cheese, please give this recipe a try. You won’t regret it!
Thanks to Karen McCormick for this great recipe!
Crockpot Macaroni & CheesePrint Pin Rate
- 8 ounces medium shell macaroni
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese or a Cheddar blend
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Cook the macaroni following package directions. Drain in a colander and rinse with hot water. Drain well.
- Generously butter the sides and bottom of a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker (I use about 2 tablespoons of butter).
- Combine the macaroni with the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and blend well. Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours, stirring a few times.
- If desired, spoon the cooked macaroni and cheese mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or 2, just until cheese is melted.
- When the macaroni and cheese is done, feel free to spoon into a baking dish, top with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or two for that "fresh from the oven" look.