A quick and easy slow cooker dinner! Whip up a batch of this Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe!
My family loves stuffed bell peppers. They are such a great, simple dinner option. I never imagined that they could get any easier, but the Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup does just that!
How to Make Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup
The only real prep work is browning the ground beef. If you plan ahead, you can brown ground beef in the crockpot too. Then you will have everything ready to dump and go!
Place all of the ingredients (except the rice) in your crockpot and cook on low for 6 -8 hours. About 30 minutes before serving remove the lid and stir in the rice.
By the time this soup is done the entire house smells amazing, and this soup is very filling. The whole family loved it!
What size Crockpot?
For this recipe I highly recommend a 5 quart crockpot or larger. I love to use a larger crockpot for soups. Helps make sure everything fits.
This soup is a perfect gluten free meal. Everything should already be gluten free but please be sure to double check your ingredients. Especially the broth.
Keep your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a pot on the stove over medium/low heat.
Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 green bell peppers diced ( about 1 cup)
- 30 oz diced tomatoes 2 cans; undrained
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Brown and drain grease from the ground beef and place in slow cooker.
- Add in tomato sauce, tomatoes, broth, peppers, onions, garlic, brown sugar, water, salt and pepper to slow cooker. (basically everything but your cooked rice) Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- When about 30 minutes are left , add in your cooked rice, recover and continue cooking until time is up.
Originally posted Sept 2015. Updated April 2020.