I am on a pumpkin kick! I love pumpkin recipes this time of year. The smells of cinnamon, nutmeg, and more floating through the house as this bread bakes is enough to make anyone hungry. Your whole family will love this simple and delicious Crock Pot Pumpkin Bread . Serve it with some honey butter, or even make french toast out of it for a super special breakfast!
Crock Pot Pumpkin Bread
- ½ cup of oil
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 1½ cup of flour sifted
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- ½ tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- In a mixer beat the oil and both of the sugars together.
- Then, stir in the beaten eggs and canned pumpkin. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Add two cups of water to your large crockpot and place the pan into a crock pot. This works best with a 5qt or more crockpot, check that the pan fits before you place the bread dough inside.
- Cover the top of the crockpot with several paper towels. This prevents the condensation from making the bread soggy.
- Place the crock pot lid on top of the crockpot (holding the paper towels in place.) Bake on high 2½ to 3 hours.