This post may contain affiliate links.
There is a chill in the air and soup is on the menu. Don’t reach for a can, make your own homemade crock pot tomato basil soup with a few ingredients and your crock pot. You will never go back to canned again! PROMISE
Crock Pot Tomato Basil Soup
- 3- 28- ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large carrots peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium sweet onions finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and left whole
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 10 basil leaves plus more for garnish
- Freshly grated Parmesan or sour cream for garnish, optional
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, until flavors are blended and vegetables are soft.
Allow the soup to cool slightly. Then puree in batches in a blender until very smooth. Serve immediately, or transfer the soup back to the slow cooker and keep on low until your guests arrive.
Garnish with more fresh basil and some grated Parmesan cheese or even sour cream