This post may contain affiliate links.
The best way to use up leftover ham! This Crockpot Ham and Potato Soup Recipe is hearty, creamy, and delicious! Everyone will love it!
Talk about the best use for leftover ham ever! During the holidays I know you enjoyed this Crockpot Glazed Ham with your friends and family. Now it is time to turn the leftovers into something amazing! This Crockpot Ham and Potato Soup is rich filling and just what the doctor ordered. Hey, who needs leftover ham. Pickup a ham steak at the store. This soup recipe is worth it.
During the holidays you can even cut up some of the leftover ham and put it in bags in the freezer just so you can make this soup whenever the mood strikes. This Crockpot Ham and Potato soup is creamy, full of flavor, and so perfect to enjoy on a cool night. Top it with your favorites like green onions, sour cream, cheese, & Bacon. OH MY YUM!
This is best made in a large 5 quart or larger crockpot.
Crockpot Ham and Potato SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 3-1/2 cups potatoes peeled & diced
- 1/3 cup celery chopped
- 1/3 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup ham diced
- 3-1/4 cups water
- 6 chicken bullion cubes
- t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 5 T. flour
- 5 T. butter
- 2 cups milk optional
- bacon diced/cooked
- Green onions chopped
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Stir all but milk, flour, and butter into the crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, check the tenderness of potatoes.
- Minutes before serving, melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and gradually add milk, stirring constantly over med heat until thick.
- Stir mixture into crockpot.
- Let cook 15-20 minutes more.
- Top with optional toppings once in serving bowls
Originally posted December 2011. Updated January 2019