A soup recipe that is full of flavor and zing! This Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe makes a delicious slow cooker meal!
Soup is one of those comforting dishes that can warm up your soul. The crockpot makes a perfect soup because of the slow, long cook. It helps blend the flavors together in a way that is just magical. If you are looking to spice up soup night, or convert some non-soup people, this Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup is amazing and will wow anyone!
What Size Crockpot?
Where to get the Tortilla Strips?
It used to be if you wanted Chicken Tortilla Soup you had to cut tortilla strips and fry them yourself. Now you can find them already in strips at the grocery store. They are typically next to the croutons on the salad aisle.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup?
In your crockpot place the chicken breasts, and top with the beans, corn, tomatoes, chicken broth, onions, peppers, cilantro, taco seasoning. I know that not everyone is in love with cilantro, so if you want to leave it out or add it as a garnish at the end to reduce the flavor that is fine.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Remove the chicken breast when done and shred with a fork or hand mixer and return to the soup.
Ladle into bowls and top with tortilla strips and the toppings you want. I highly recommend a little squirt of lime (YUM!!).
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Tips
In a hurry? Start off with this already cooking Crockpot Shredded Chicken. Since it is cooked your crockpot time can drop to just 1 -2 hours on high. You are basically just marrying the flavors together and heating it up.
Store any uneaten soup in the fridge for up to 5 days. This can even be frozen (Minus the tortillas) for busy days when you need an even quicker meal.
Don't just make this in the Fall/Winter. This soup has such a great flavor it could really be eaten year round!
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- ½ cup onion diced
- ½ cup bell pepper diced
- 1 can corn drained
- 15 oz black beans drained
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 breasts
- 14 oz tomatoes with chilies like Rotel
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 cup tortilla strips or more if desired
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- IN a 5 quart or larger crockpot place the chicken, top with the onion, bell pepper, corn, black beans, chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, chicken broth, cilantro, and salt
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot.
- Ladel into bowls. Top with tortilla strips and any other toppings you want.