A delicious twist on dinner! Try this Crockpot Mexican Lasagna With Tortillas instead of noodles! This recipe is simple and amazing!
Trying to get dinner on the table when you have to run out the door can feel like it is next to impossible. A crockpot can be the difference between a home cooked meal and drive through. Before you run out the door, spend 5 minutes putting together this delicious dinner that everyone will go crazy for! This Crockpot Mexican Lasagna with Tortillas is full of flavor, and so easy to make! Everyone will love it.
What is Mexican Lasagna
Mexican Lasagna is a layered dish like a classic lasagna. The twist is you make it using Mexican ingredients like taco beef, refried beans, & enchilada sauce. Instead of using noodles you replace them with tortillas. The end result is an amazing dish that the whole family will love.
What size Crockpot
Gluten Free Version
I have been adjusting recipes for kids with food allergies for way too long. LOL In all seriousness, this recipe is very easy to make gluten free. Just use a gluten free tortilla (corn or other gluten free tortilla), and ensure you other ingredients are gluten free. Making your own homemade enchilada sauce is a great way to make sure your dinner is truly gluten free.
How to Make Mexican Lasagna With Tortillas
This Crockpot Mexican Lasagna is all about layering. It is even easier to make if you have some leftover taco beef. I also like to prep ahead when I buy ground beef and keep it already browned in 1 lb portions in the freezer for meals like this. SUCH a time saver! You can even use your crockpot to brown your ground beef!
Start out with about ⅓ cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of your crockpot. I used this Homemade Enchilada Sauce that took only about 10 minutes to make! It is amazing and totally worth the effort!
Continue layering in the ingredients. I had 3 total layers. Just eyeball about ⅓ of the ingredients for each layer. It does not have to be exact. After the final layer, top with another layer of tortillas, enchilada sauce, and the rest of the cheese. You can add some olives or cilantro to the top now too. Cover and cook on low for 2 and ½ hours.
Serve with sour cream, guacamole, or any other taco toppings you love! This would be a great meal to throw in before heading out the door to sports, or other afternoon event. It is so nice to come home to a hot meal!
Crockpot Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- In a 5 quart or larger crockpot place ⅓ cup of enchilada sauce or salsa if you prefer. Spread it around evenly.
- Top wth sauce with a single layer of corn tortillas. Then continue to layer with a ⅓ portion of ground beef, onion, pepper, refried beans, ¼ cup cheese, and ⅓ cup of sauce.
- You are going to continue this pattern 2 more times. After the final layer top with a layer of corn tortillas. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top, and top with cheese and some of the fresh cilantro. You can add some diced olives if you desire.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 ½ hours.
- Slice into portions and serve with some sour cream, guacamole, and additional fresh cilantro.