Make holidays easier by pulling out your crockpot to lend you a hand. One of our family favorites no matter the holiday is this Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole. It is so easy to make and throw into the crockpot. You will then have plenty of room in your oven for more important things!
Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
Yield 6 -8
- • 6 Medium medium sized sweet potatoes or 3 large
- • 1/2 cup sugar
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 1/3 cup milk
- • 1/2 cup butter
- • 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- • 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- • 2 TBSP flour (You can use a GF Flour)
- • 2 TBSP Butter
- Cook Sweet potatoes in boiling water for 45 minutes to an hour or until tender. I wrap mine in aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 400 until cooked through….you’ll know when they are ready! Let them cool to touch. Peel and mash.
- Combine the mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk and 1/2 cup butter (softened) . Beat at medium speed in your mixer until smooth. Spoon into a lightly greased 3-6 qt slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, flour and 2 TBSP butter; sprinkle mixture over casserole.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Gluten Free- Use gluten free flour for topping Dairy Free- Substitute dairy free milk (ie: almond) and dairy free margarine.