Crockpot Sticky Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Next time you have a package of drumsticks try this yummy Crockpot Sticky Chicken Drumsticks Recipe! The entire family will go nuts for it!
My kids love meals that they can eat with their hands and they always have. My son used to call chicken drumsticks “chicken with a handle in it”. Chicken drumsticks are a great affordable option for dinner but there are only so many “creative” things you can do with a drumstick right? Next time you have a package of drumsticks try this yummy Crockpot Sticky Chicken Drumsticks Recipe! The entire family will go nuts for it!
I typically make some crockpot white rice in my smaller crockpot while these are cooking and steam some vegetables. I have even made this recipe with the smaller chicken drummies and they make a delicious appetizer for game day!
Crockpot Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
Crockpot Sticky Chicken DrumsticksPrint Recipe
- 4 pounds of drumsticks and/or wings
- ½ Cup honey
- ½ Cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ Cup low sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari sauce
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger to create sauce
- Add drumsticks/wings to a 5 qt or larger crockpot.
- Pour the honey mix onto the drumsticks/wings and mix well.
- Cook on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours. After 2 hours give the drumsticks a toss to coat in the sauce again. Cover and continue cooking.
- Once fully cooked, remove drumstick/wings from the crockpot and place on a baking pan that is lined with foil and has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Remove the drumsticks/wings from the oven and turn them to the other side.
- Broil the other side for 2 minutes or until browned. Watch very carefully they may not need as long depending on your oven. This step is optional but gives the chicken a better texture on the outside.
- Serve. This is great with some steamed rice!Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free soy sauce