I am doing my best lately to mix up our Crockpot Meal choices while still keeping healthy options. That can be hard! This week I have found a new winner! This recipe is a keeper and looks oh so fancy when you pull it out of the crockpot! Hello, Crockpot Pineapple Pork Roast! You are one of my new favorite crockpot recipes!
A couple of things, I used fresh pineapple, but you could totally use canned pineapple slices in their own juice without an issue. I also used a bigger pork roast than I normally would because I wanted leftovers for a second meal. Y’all I practice what I preach! Cook smarter, not more. I am returning the other half of this roast to my crockpot later in the week with a little bit of barbecue sauce and shredding it for pulled pork sandwiches. If you don’t feel like a sandwich this is also tasty on top of a baked sweet potato!
I sliced the pork roast every 3/4 to 1 inch to make a space to stuff the roast with pineapple. I didn’t slice all the way through only about 3/4 of the way. Then I put a pineapple slice in each slit and topped the entire thing with a little seasoning.
Last but not least, BACON! You can’t go wrong adding bacon to a pork roast in the crockpot! I promise you it adds so much extra flavor and happiness it is worth it!
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6-8 hours on low. Time will vary depending on your crockpot and the size of your roast. Keep in mind not to lift the lid to peek! Each time you do it adds to the cook time.
*Tip* I have found that if you cook it on high you will end up with a firmer cook. The roast will slice well and make a pretty presentation. If you choose to cook it on low, it will be more tender, easier to shred, and fall apart easier.
Serve with rice, fresh pineapple, and veggies. Top with sliced green onions if desired. This is a perfect recipe for anyone trying to eat healthier or following the Whole30, 21 Day Fix, Paleo, or other diet plans that include whole foods.
Crockpot Pineapple Pork Roast
Crockpot Pineapple Pork RoastPrint Recipe
- 3 - 4 lb Pork Loin Roast
- 1 Fresh pineapple divided or 1 Can Pineapple Rings in Juice
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Slice the pork roast every 3/4 - 1 inch to create slits. Do not cut all the way through the roast, but about 3/4 of the way through.
- Fill each slit with a slice of fresh pineapple or a canned pineapple ring.
- In a small bowl mix all of the seasonings and sprinkle them on top of the roast.
- Finally lay the bacon across the top of the roast, cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove from crockpot and serve with additional fresh pineapple, rice, and veggies.
- Leftovers are excellent reheated with some bbq sauce and shredded into sandwiches.