Don't waste your time in the kitchen this holiday season. Pull out your slow cooker for this delicious Crockpot Glazed Ham Recipe!
During the holidays we love a delicious ham for dinner. When family and friends are gathered I want to spend time with them and less time in the kitchen! That is when you pull out your trusty slow cooker and make this Crockpot Glazed Ham for the holidays.
You are going to want to use your largest crockpot. I recommend a 6 or 7 qt slow cooker. Also, keep your eyes out for a ham that is big enough to feed your family, but is the right shape to fit in your slow cooker with the lid. If it is off by a little bit it is ok. You can trim it a little to make it fit.
Crockpot Glazed Ham
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 8- to 10-pound spiral cut ham
- Combine the brown sugar, honey, water, mustard, and cloves in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook about 5 minutes. Remove the cloves with a spoon.
- While the glaze is cooking, place the ham in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker, making sure you can put the lid on. You may have to turn the ham on its side, or trim a bit off the top if your ham is too large. Gently pull apart the ham's slices and separate them.
- Pour the glaze over the ham, trying to cover as much of the ham as possible.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours. At least 2 or 3 times while cooking baste the ham. You can also flip the ham halfway through to make sure the entire ham is glazed.
- The ham is ready when it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F. Serve with the thickened glaze.