Save room in the oven and pull out your slow cooker to make this Crockpot Cornbread Dressing Recipe! Perfect for the holidays
Thanksgiving is coming but not all of the goodies need to go in the oven. Free up some space and make your Dressing or Stuffing in the crockpot! This is a fabulous recipe because it is gluten free and dairy free so all of your guests can enjoy! It turned out fabulous!
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 6 cups Cornbread cubes (dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken broth (or as needed)
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- Cook onion, celery, and parsley in Olive Oil, stirring frequently.
- Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram, and salt and pepper.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten, and mix in egg.
- Transfer mixture to a 4 qt slow cooker, and cover.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.