Save room in the oven and pull out your slow cooker to make this Crockpot Cornbread Dressing Recipe! Perfect for the holidays
Thanksgiving is coming but not all of the goodies need to go in the oven. Free up some space and make your Dressing or Stuffing in the crockpot! This Crockpot Cornbread Dressing is a fabulous recipe because it is gluten free and dairy free so all of your guests can enjoy! It turns out fabulous!
What Size Crockpot?
Best Cornbread Cubes
You can always find dry cornbread cubes at the grocery store and they work just fine. HOWEVER, if you want to knock everyones socks off with the best Cornbread Dressing they have EVER had you need to make your own cornbread. You can do this a day or two in advance. Check out this delicious Cornbread Recipe from our sister site A Few Shortcuts. It’s delicious!
How to Make Crockpot Cornbread Dressing (stuffing)
I like to keep recipes for the crockpot simple. This one requires sautéing your celery, onion, and parsley first. Don’t skip this. It does make a difference.
Toss the veggies with the bread cubes in a large bowl and season with the spices.
Pour in just enough broth to moisten and mix in egg. Transfer the mix to your crockpot and cover. Cook on low for 4 hours and serve with your holiday meal, or weeknight dinner.
Crockpot Cornbread Dressing
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 6 cups Cornbread cubes dry
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken broth or as needed
- 1 eggs beaten
- Cook onion, celery, and parsley in Olive Oil, stirring frequently.
- Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram, and salt and pepper.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten, and mix in egg.
- Transfer mixture to a 4 qt slow cooker, and cover.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.