This post may contain affiliate links.
Save room in the oven and pull out your slow cooker to make this Crockpot Cornbread Dressing Recipe! Perfect for the holidays
Thanksgiving is coming but not all of the goodies need to go in the oven. Free up some space and make your Dressing or Stuffing in the crockpot! This is a fabulous recipe because it is gluten free and dairy free so all of your guests can enjoy! It turned out fabulous!
Crockpot Cornbread Dressing
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 6 cups Cornbread cubes dry
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken broth or as needed
- 1 eggs beaten
- Cook onion, celery, and parsley in Olive Oil, stirring frequently.
- Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram, and salt and pepper.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten, and mix in egg.
- Transfer mixture to a 4 qt slow cooker, and cover.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
You can use store bought dressing mix, but you may need a little more liquid for that. I used only about 1 1/4 cup broth because I made fresh cornbread that was still moist.