This recipe is so simple to make and marries pumpkin and pecan so beautifully it has to be made! You have never had anything like this Crockpot Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler. A must have for Thanksgiving.
If this isn’t served at your Thanksgiving celebration then you are missing out on life my friends! This is so simple to make and marries pumpkin and pecan so beautifully it has to be made! You have never had anything like this Crockpot Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler.
This is one of those recipes that is so easy to make I passed off the duties to my kids. They love feeling accomplished in the kitchen and the crockpot lets them cook without me worrying about burns. Plus this recipe has a little magic in it and it is really fun to see their faces light up when it is served!
Just mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then in a separate small bowl mix the wet ingredients. Blend the two together just until combined.
Then pour the batter into a parchment lined crockpot. I use parchement paper a lot when baking in my crockpot because it makes clean up super easy. It also helps you get your treat out of the crockpot so much easier! Trust me….it’s worth it!
Now you are going to top your batter with the sugar and pecan mix. Yes…it’s a lot, but there are reasons!
Finally you are going to pour 1 1/2 cups of HOT water over the entire thing. Yes, it sounds weird. Don’t mix it. Don’t stir it. Just pour the water on. Put on the lid, and let that bad boy bake. This is where the magic happens. You are just going to have to trust me. Cook it on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
When it is done it will look like this. Pretty isn’t it?! So where’s the magic?
While the cake bakes the sugar and water combined and cook to make a layer of caramel sauce right in the crockpot under the cake. When you scoop it to serve it you will get cake and the gooey caramelly goodness.
You will want to serve this Crockpot Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler a-la-mode with some vanilla ice cream. It is the best that way! You CAN make the sacrifice and just eat it alone, but….ice cream. It will haunt you until you get some. 🙂
- Make sure your baking powder is fresh. Old baking powder can ruin this recipe.
- You can make this in the oven if you choose. Use at least a 9×9 pan and bake at 350 for 40 mins.
- Don’t throw away that pumpkin! Didn’t use the whole can? See What To Do With An Open Can of Pumpkin
Crockpot Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water very hot
- Pull out a 5 – 6 quart crockpot. Line it with parchment paper and turn it on high to heat up while you mix.
- In a medium bowl mix your dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and spices. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl mix pumpkin, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter is formed.
- Spread the batter into the parchment lined crockpot.
- In a separate bowl mix sugars and pecans for topping.
- Spread the topping over the batter evenly. Yes, it’s a lot.
- Finally pour the VERY hot water over the entire thing. DO NOT STIR. Just pour water and cover with the lid.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Just until the middle is set.
- Turn off crockpot and scoop and serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Use a gluten free all purpose flour mix
- Use dairy free milk of your choice and dairy free ice cream.