Such a great homemade gift idea! Make and give these Crockpot Hot Cocoa Gift Jars plus there are FREE Printable Gift Labels to go with it!
I love giving fun useful gifts, and who doesn’t love hot cocoa. Especially in the Crockpot!!! Check out how cute and easy these Crockpot Hot Cocoa Gift Jars are. These would be perfect to give to a teacher, or to include with a plate of cookies!
I started out with these Half Pint Mason Jars. I picked up a 12 pack at target for about $8! You can also order them online.
Next, I just simply layered the ingredients in. Here are a couple tips. You can add in marshmallows or crushed peppermints. Totally your choice. I happened to find Peppermint Mini Marshmallows! 🙂
You can also do a mixture of any type of chocolate chip. I love these Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips if you are looking for a dairy free option.
Crockpot Hot Cocoa Gift Jars Printable Labels
As an added bonus I made these super cute FREE Printable Hot Cocoa Mix Labels for you with the directions on how to mix the cocoa. Plus, if you want, you can purchase Avery Shipping Labels the ones with 6 per sheet. These should print perfectly on them. Then, you can just stick them right on the jars. 😉
I printed mine on plain paper and just hole punched and tied a ribbon right through them.
These are so much fun to give and to make!
Crockpot Hot Cocoa Gift Jars
Per 1/2 Pint Jar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetend Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint or mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips - semi sweet (milk, white chocolateFor Cocoa)
- Mix with 1/2 gallon of milk.
- Add the layers evenly in the order above in a 1/2 pint mason jar. Screw the lid on tight and decorate as desired.To Prepare
- Mix the contents of the jar with 1/2 gallon of milk in a 6 qt crock pot or a large pot. Stir, Cover, and heat until warm. About 1 hour in crock pot on high.Dairy Free
- Use Semi Sweet Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips and mix with your choice of dairy free milk.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.