This is a keeper! This Crockpot Bacon Chicken Recipe is healthy and can be turned into several different meals! Cook once eat twice! Plus it is whole 30, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, you name it! YUM!
The struggle is real when trying to come up with healthy or light crockpot recipes. I am not sure why it is so hard. When they are good they are usually so simple with simple ingredients. Everybody else wants to throw in a can of cream of something soup and I am over here trying to avoid it. (Not that it isn't tasty every once in a while). This Crockpot Bacon Chicken is simple, healthy, paleo, whole 30, whatever diet craze of the week (as long as it involves meat). The best part - My kids and I have come up with several meals that you could turn this into! It's a keeper!
In the crockpot goes boneless skinless chicken breasts and top them with bacon. I sprinkled on some Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix, covered it, and turned it on high for about 3-4 hours.
*Yes, you can use frozen chicken.
*Yes, you can use other cuts of chicken beside the breast.
*No, you don't need liquid.
*Yes, you can double this...half it....quadruple it....freeze it....etc.
When it is done you are going to shred it with a fork; bacon and all.
Crockpot Bacon Chicken
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 6 - 8 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp Ranch Dressing Mix
- In a 6 quart crockpot place 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts and top with strips of uncooked bacon. Sprinkle with ranch dressing mix and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When done shred with a fork and serve as desired.
- Some suggestions are in a wrap, on a salad, with rice, as sandwiches, and more
Now here is the beautiful part...make extra. Here is a list of meals that we have come up with that you could use this chicken & bacon on, but you are definitely not limited to. In fact, if you have another idea I would love to hear it in the comments.
- On a salad
- In a Tortilla with Ranch Dressing and avocado
- Stuff peppers with it
- With rice
- On a sandwich with bbq sauce or sauce of your choice.
- Tossed with some pasta, veggies, and dressing of your choice.
- In any recipe that calls for cooked chicken.
- In a lettuce wrap
- On a pizza
OMG...I could go on and on. The point is this chicken is good enough to just eat right out of the bowl. The bacon really gives the chicken an amazing flavor. Plus this recipe is so versatile, you can make it at the beginning of the week and throw together several meals out of it. It is perfect for busy families with schools starting back.
For lunch today I made these wraps for the kids. I took a tortilla and spread some Homemade Ranch Dressing on it. Then I layered on the Crockpot Bacon Chicken, lettuce, and avocado. Then drizzled on a tiny bit more ranch. Wrap it up like a burrito and serve. Y'all these were gone in minutes.
You have to give this one a try and tell me what you think!