Appetizer Recipes | Dairy Free | Dinner Recipes | Gluten Free Recipes | Holiday | light | Side Dish Recipes | Thanksgiving | Turkey Recipes
Crockpot Turkey & Rice Soup
After Thanksgiving I always have enough turkey for an army! I am always looking for something yummy to make with my leftovers! This Crockpot Turkey & Rice Soup is a perfect option for a cool day! If you are looking for something to do with that last bit of leftover turkey this soup recipe is not only amazing, but very easy!
Slow Cooked Turkey & Rice SoupPrint Recipe
- 4 cups turkey broth or chicken
- 2 to 4 slices cooked bacon diced
- 2 cans 14.5 ounces each diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced or matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or less if using purchased broth
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 1 to 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/8 tsp sage
- Pinch of Rosemary
- In a slow cooker, combine turkey broth with diced bacon, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, rice, herbs and salt. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Add veggies and the diced turkey; cover and cook an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour.
**Gluten Free** Use a gluten free broth
Love this soup! Thanks for the yummy recipe. My family loved it.
A bit too tomatoey for me. I also added some chili powder and a pinch of cumin for flavoring. Otherwise a good soup base recipe. Thank you