After Thanksgiving I always have enough turkey for an army! I am always looking for something yummy to make with my leftovers! This Crockpot Turkey & Rice Soup is a perfect option for a cool day! If you are looking for something to do with that last bit of leftover turkey this soup recipe is not only amazing, but very easy!
- 4 cups turkey broth (or chicken)
- 2 to 4 slices cooked bacon (diced)
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each diced tomatoes, undrained)
- 1/2 cup diced or matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or less if using purchased broth
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 1 to 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/8 tsp sage
- Pinch of Rosemary
- In a slow cooker, combine turkey broth with diced bacon, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, rice, herbs and salt. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Add veggies and the diced turkey; cover and cook an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.