I have the best Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Recipe on my other blog A Few Short Cuts. I have really wanted to try them in the crockpot, but I guess I was chicken. Why mess with a good thing? So today was the day, I turned those Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls into these Crockpot Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls and boy am I glad I did. They turned out amazing!
Crockpot Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Follow the cinnamon roll dough recipe below. It is so easy, and very tasty. I split the dough into 2 equal parts since my 6 qt crockpot is smaller than a baking dish. 6 rolls went into the crockpot today, and the rest of the dough got wrapped up tight and put in the fridge for another day this week. You could even freeze it. 🙂
I rolled out the dough into a rectangle and spread blueberry preserves over the top. Then sprinkled with a little bit of cinnamon.
Now line your crockpot with parchment paper. This just keeps the rolls from sticking and makes clean up and removal a breeze. Space out your 6 Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls, place the lid on, and turn the crockpot on high for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. Time varies because all crockpots are a little different.
I like this method because you don’t have to wait for the dough to rise. It does the rising and baking right in the crockpot. This is what my rolls looked like after 1 hour and 40 minutes. PERFECT!
I made a simple lemon glaze with 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tsp of lemon juice. If you just want a plain glaze substitute milk for the lemon juice.
You are left with a little piece of heaven on a plate! YUM!
Crockpot Blueberry Cinnamon RollsPrint Recipe
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup margarine or butter/ softened
- 3¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 pkg instant yeast - 2 tsps
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup Blueberry Preserves +/-
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice or milk
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until warm. Mix in the butter until melted. Let cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl combine 2¼ cup flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in egg and ¼ cup of water. Mix well. Now stir in the milk mixture until dough forms.
- Stir in another cup of flour. When dough comes together flip onto a lightly floured surface and need until smooth.
- Return the dough ball to the bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Split your dough into 2 equal pieces. Wrap 1/2 and put it in the fridge or the freezer for another day.
- Roll out dough into a 8x10 inch rectangle. Spread the blueberry preserves all over the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough and pinch the seam to seal. Cut into 6 equal size rolls.
- Line your 5-7 qt crockpot with parchement paper. Evenly space the rolls as you put them in the crockpot. Cook on high for 1 1/2 - 2 hours on high. Cook time can vary due to the type of crockpot you use.
- When done remove the rolls from the crockpot with the parchment paper. Drizzle with glaze. Serve.Glaze
- Mix the powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Stir until glaze forms. You may need to add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice or milk for desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over finished rolls.
- Substitute almond milk, coconut milk, etc., and a dairy free margarine.