This post may contain affiliate links.
We love Mexican food at my house, and this is a new one we had never tried before. These are super! I think all of my kids actually ate this one. It is a keeper in my book!
Black Bean & Mushroom ChilaquilesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded cored and chopped
- 1 jalepeno or serrano pepper seeded and minced
- 2 cans about 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 10 oz white mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese plus additional for garnish
- 6 cups baked tortilla chips
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion & peppers. Cook stirrin occasionally, until onion softens.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Add beans, tomatoes with juice, mushrooms, cumin & oregoano.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours or 3 hours on high.
- Remove cover and sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over beans and mushrooms. Cover again and cook until cheese melts; stir to combine melted cheese.
- For each serving, coarsely crush 1 cup tortilla hips in individual serving bowl. Top with black bean mixture; sprinkle with additional cheese if desired