This is a yummy treat to have cook overnight for breakfast. The kitchen smell so good in the morning. It is a treat worth waking up to! You have to try this Crock Pot Breakfast Bread Pudding
Breakfast Bread Pudding
- 4 1/2 Cups Bread cubed
- 3 apples large, firm; peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 Cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Cup milk or soy milk
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- 12 oz. cooked sausage crumbled
- Lightly grease the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker. Press half of the bread cubes into the bottom of the cooker.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and salt. Add the milk and maple syrup and mix well.
- Pour half of the apple mixture over the bread in the slow cooker. Gently press down on the apples to ensure the liquid is absorbed by the bread.
- Spread half of the cooked sausage over the apples, followed by the remaining bread.
- Top the bread with the remaining sausage, followed by the remaining apple mixture. Press on the apple to ensure the liquid is absorbed.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.