This post may contain affiliate links.
A quick and easy breakfast that everyone will love! Get this Crockpot Strawberry French Toast Casserole Recipe and make it today!
Sometimes you are in the kitchen, and it just hits you like a ton of bricks. I wonder if I made _____ if it would work. Then you give it a whirl. It may or may not work, but every once in a while you find something that knocks your socks off! This Crockpot Strawberry French Toast Casserole is one of those dishes!
I picked up a loaf of day old french bread at Walmart for $0.50! They work the best for this dish! I diced it up and put half of the bread in my crockpot. I then topped it with 1 1/2 to 2 cups of diced strawberries. Next, I topped it with the rest of the bread and the egg-milk mix. I may have whisked in 1/4 cup strawberry preserves to get the strawberry flavor.
Cover and let that sit overnight in the fridge. If you can’t wait (and I don’t blame you), allow it to sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour or two. When ready cook on high for 2 hours.
It’s so PERFECT!!! The strawberries run right through the middle, and the flavor is heavenly! Sprinkle it with powdered sugar or top it with a little whipped cream or a drizzle of honey! OMG! I think this Crockpot Strawberry French Toast Casserole could be my new favorite way to enjoy strawberries!
Crockpot Strawberry French Toast CasserolePrint Pin Rate
- 1 loaf of French Cuban, or Italian Bread Cubed, or about 6 cups of cubed bread
- 1/4 Cup Strawberry Preserves
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 6 eggs Large
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Place 1/2 of cubed bread in a parchment lined 6 qt or larger crockpot.
- Top with diced strawberries and then the other half of the bread.
- In a large bowl beat together preserves, eggs, milk, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate crock overnight or for at least 1-2 hours.
- Place crock back into crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Serve with powdered sugar, honey, or whipped cream.
- Use a dairy free milk alternative. I recommend coconut milk or almond milk.
- Use a gluten free bread.