Crock Pot French Onion Soup
It’s raining here today, and kinda chilly. Soup weather in my book. Check out this comforting French Onion Soup Recipe!!
French Onion Soup Slow CookedPrint Recipe
- 1 Large Sweet Onion thinly sliced about 4 cups
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 2 cans 14 oz Cans beef broth
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 slices French Bread 1/2 inch thick toasted
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Place Onion and butter in a 1 1/2 qt slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth and pepper.
- Cover and cook 2 hours longer or until heated through.
- Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls. Top each with a slice of toast and cheese. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 2-3 min or until cheese is melted. Serve
This was delicious! For my taste and the size of my family, I doubled the recipe and added one envelope of Lipton Onion Soup mix and about 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder. Finally found a good recipe without a bunch of fancy ingredients. This recipe is going in my list of staples!