Here is a great kid favorite made easy by the convenience of the slow cooker! These are great on a cool day to warm you up from the inside out!
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- 3 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Toasted hamburger buns
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain and discard fat.
- Combine ketchup, bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, vinegar and chili powder in 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Stir in beef mixture. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours. To serve, spoon mixture onto hamburger buns.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.