This post may contain affiliate links.
Here is a great kid favorite made easy by the convenience of the slow cooker! These are great on a cool day to warm you up from the inside out!
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- 3 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Toasted hamburger buns
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain and discard fat.
- Combine ketchup, bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, vinegar and chili powder in 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Stir in beef mixture. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours. To serve, spoon mixture onto hamburger buns.
You can precook the ground beef and store in freezer bags for quicker meals. You can also freeze leftovers for another fast and time friendly meal