Some days you just need a good ole’ fashioned stick to your ribs kinda dinner. We love Chicken & Gravy poured over fresh hot biscuits, rice, or even mashed potatoes. Serve with some mixed veggies and you have an amazing meal.
I have seen some versions of this that call for canned soup, sour cream, even cream cheese. While I am sure they are amazing, this one is a little more figure friendly.
I had quit making this because ….well….I thought the kids wouldn’t eat it. WOW, was I wrong. My youngest cleaned her plate in record time tonight, and then asked if there was more. This meal is not only simple, and affordable, but full of flavor. I will definitely be adding it back to the regular rotation.
Crock Pot Chicken & Gravy
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Carton (32oz) Chicken Broth
- Celery salt
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- Biscuits, Rice, Potatoes (Your choice to serve the chicken & gravy over)
- Place the chicken, chicken broth, and season with pepper and celery salt in a 4qt or larger crock pot. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- About 30 - 45 minutes before serving remove 1/4 cup of liquid from the crock pot and stir int he corn starch until dissolved. Return it to crock pot stirring it in.
- Use a fork to pull the chicken apart before serving or slice. Spoon the chicken & gravy over biscuits, rice or potatoes.
- Use a gluten free broth and serve over a gluten free option (ie: rice)