This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions and recipes are 100% my own.
I am asked all the time how I get a nutritious meal on the table every day. Sometimes a little bit of prep work, fresh ingredients, and a crockpot is all you need to get a great meal on the table for dinner like this Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken.
Just pop the ingredients right into a gallon sized freezer bag and label for those days when you just don’t have time to cook but still want a wholesome meal. The beauty of making your freezer meals is you know the quality of ingredients you are using to feed your family and you have the convenience you need for those busy days.
I highly recommend using the boneless skinless chicken tenders for this recipe. The small pieces of chicken really grab the cilantro and lime flavors, and it makes serving tacos, or burritos much easier.
When you go to the trouble to make sure your family has a great dinner on the table you want to use the best, fresh, and organic ingredients available. I picked up these Mission Organics® Flour Tortillas while I was at Target. Mission Organics are brand new! They are Non-GMO and USDA Organic Certified tortillas made by Mission. You can pick them up in the tortilla section of your store in three varieties; Flour, White Corn, and Whole Wheat.
Not sure where to find them near you? See Mission Organics website for a store finder and more delicious recipes.
After about 4 hours on high or 6 -8 hours on low the Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken is a wrap. Well, it will be a wrap once you pull out the tortillas and toppings. After a busy day, it is nice to know that dinner is at home waiting for you. No expensive take out needed. Grab your Mission Organics Tortillas and fill with some of the chicken, and toppings of your choice. Some additional cilantro and lime help kick it up a notch. I highly recommend this Homemade Guacamole if you are feeling adventurous!
Before you sit down for dinner make sure you have plenty of Mission Organics Tortillas on hand because these are going to disappear fast. This Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken is so full of flavor and simple to make you couldn’t ask for a better addition to taco night! The entire family is going to love it!
Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken
Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- ½ cup lime juice (about 4 small limes)
- zest from the limes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- ⅓ cup loosely packed chopped cilantroTaco Assembly
- Mission Organics Tortillas
- sour cream
- any toppings you desire
- Place all of the chicken ingredients in a 5 qt or larger crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 -8 hours.
- When it is done pull out your Mission Organics Tortillas and taco toppings for a great meal!
- This can be prepared ahead of time as a freezer meal. Just place all of the chicken ingredients in a gallon sized zip top freezer bag, label it, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- When ready to prepare, defrost in the fridge overnight and place contents in the crockpot and cook according to the recipe.