This is a favorite side dish at my house. Goes great with grilled chicken!
Spanish Style Yellow Rice (Slow Cooked)
- 2 can 14oz chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ tsp saffron threads crushed or ½ tsp ground tumeric
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup frozen peas thawed
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except for peas in slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cook on low 4 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in peas. Cover and cook 15-30 mins more or until peas are hot. Season as desired