This is a favorite side dish at my house. Goes great with grilled chicken!
- 2 can (14oz chicken broth)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads crushed or 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except for peas in slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cook on low 4 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in peas. Cover and cook 15-30 mins more or until peas are hot. Season as desired
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.