This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a favorite side dish at my house. Goes great with grilled chicken!
Spanish Style Yellow Rice (Slow Cooked)
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours 30 minutes
Total Time 4 hours 35 minutes
- 2 can 14oz chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads crushed or 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except for peas in slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cook on low 4 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in peas. Cover and cook 15-30 mins more or until peas are hot. Season as desired
Gluten Free: Make sure you use a gluten free broth.
MY LATEST VIDEOS