This post may contain affiliate links.
Delicious Crockpot Cubed Steak with Gravy Recipe made with real ingredients! A simple meal to throw together any night of the week.
In our house we try to avoid a lot of recipes with a can of “cream of something” soup. Not that I am opposed to them, but with my kids food allergies they just can’t eat it. Sometimes this frustrates me when there is a really great recipe I would love to make for dinner, and other times I come up with a tasty option like I did for this Crockpot Cubed Steak with Gravy Recipe
I have seen different variations for this recipe that call for a can of this and a can of that, but why? When I looked at what was in it and what we are making, you can use real ingredients and make the same meal, even more delicious!
PS: You could throw the sliced mushrooms into the crockpot too, but I sautéed mine in a separate pan due to picky eaters. You could totally sauté some extra sliced onions too! YUM!
Not only did this meal turn out fantastic, but it is crazy easy to make! It is going on our regular rotation this fall because there were absolutely no left-overs.
If you have two crockpots make these Crockpot Mashed Potatoes in one while you are cooking this Crockpot Cubed Steak. Dinner will be served in no time!
Crockpot Cubed Steak with Gravy
- 1.5 lbs Cubed Steak
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix or homemade
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- pepper to taste
- In a 5 qt or larger crockpot place 1.5 - 2 lbs cubed steak.
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix and pour in the beef broth. If desired add 1 cup sliced mushrooms or some diced onion at this step (optional).
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 2.5 to 3 hours.
- After cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water. Uncover crockpot and whisk in the cornstarch mix. Turn the crockpot up to high and cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes or until the gravy is thickened.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.
- Use a gluten free beef broth and gluten free onion soup mix. The homemade onion soup mix linked in the recipe is gluten free!