Looking for something to serve the family on those busy mornings? This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is always a winner! This simple recipe is full of breakfast staples including eggs, hash browns, and sausage! The entire family will gobble this up!
Back to School Crockpot Breakfast
This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is amazing for back to school. Prep the night ahead and turn the crockpot on when you go to bed, when you wake up in the morning it is ready to go!
We have even made it for holiday breakfasts when the entire family is up early and hungry! Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is also very forgiving. You can change it up to suit your families needs and tastes. Use turkey sausage, change up the cheeses, add some additional spices or veggies; play with this recipe and make it your own!
What Size Crockpot?
Before you start make sure you have the right size slow cooker for the job. This is a good sized recipe that will feed a crowd, or create some delicious left overs! I highly recommend at least a 6 quart Crockpot like this Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Slow Cooker.
You can also half this recipe very easily and make it in a 4 Quart Crockpot with no problems.
I you have left overs you want to store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days depending on the freshness of your ingredients. Just pop a plate of casserole in the microwave and heat it at 1 minute intervals at 60% power until it is at the desired heat.
This is also amazing reheated in a toaster oven at about 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 32 oz frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb bacon cooked, drained and cut into pieces
- 1 lb sausage browned and drained
- ½ cup green onions , diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 ½ cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Layer potatoes, bacon, onions, sausage, green pepper and cheese in the crockpot in two or three layers.
- Add cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk and mustard, salt & pepper together.
- Pour over the whole mixture.
- Cook with slow cooker on low for 10- 12 hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.
Originally posted in 2012. Updated in August 2019.