Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Looking for something to serve the family on those busy mornings? This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is always a winner! Simple and gluten free!
Looking for something to serve the family on those busy mornings? This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is always a winner! This simple recipe is full of breakfast staples including eggs, shredded hash browns, and sausage! The entire family will gobble this up!
Night Before Crockpot Breakfast
This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is amazing for making ahead of time. Prep the night ahead and turn the crockpot on when you go to bed, when you wake up in the morning it is ready to go!
We have even made it for Christmas morning, back to school, holiday breakfasts when the entire family is up early and hungry!
Slow cooker Breakfast Casserole is also very forgiving. You can change it up to suit your family’s needs and tastes.
- Meat – Use turkey sausage or diced ham
- Cheese – use monterey jack, pepper jack, colby jack, cheddar cheese, etc.
- Veggies – green chiles, peppers, onions
- spices – garlic powder, spice blends, extra salt & pepper
Play with this recipe and make it your own!
What Size Crockpot?
Before you start make sure you have the right size slow cooker for the job. This is a good sized recipe that will feed a crowd, or create some delicious leftovers! I highly recommend at least a 6-quart Crockpot. If you don’t have one that size you can find them on Amazon. I
They now have crockpots with built-in timers to adjust the temperature like this one (see it now). I totally recommend one of these for overnight recipes to prevent overcooking.
You can also half this recipe very easily and make it in a 4 Quart Crockpot with no problems.
TIP: Use a slow cooker liner to make cleanup easier!
If you have leftovers you want to store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days depending on the freshness of your ingredients. Just pop a plate of casserole in the microwave and heat it at 1-minute intervals at 60% power until it is at the desired heat.
This is also amazing reheated in a toaster oven at about 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
This is delicious on its own but also great with
- sour cream
- colby jack cheese
- green chilies
You can also switch out the sausage for diced ham if you prefer it.
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 32 oz frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb bacon cooked, drained and cut into pieces
- 1 lb sausage browned and drained
- 1/2 cup green onions , diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Layer potatoes, bacon, onions, sausage, green pepper and cheese in the crockpot in two or three layers.
- Add cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk and mustard, salt & pepper together.
- Pour over the whole mixture.
- Cook with slow cooker on low for 10- 12 hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.
Originally posted in 2012. Updated in August 2019.
Where do you put the sausage? I assume in the layers but it isn’t mentioned in the directions.
I’ve made this yummy recipe in a crockpot. I have about 60 to feed for an event. Looking a options and wondering if you have tried a roaster or a good old fashioned oven for this recipe.