This post may contain affiliate links.
It is fall and I love having soup on those cool crisp days for dinner! This is so great to have ready to go with sandwiches or alone. This pumpkin soup is so full of flavor everyone will love it!
Crock Pot Pumpkin SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups pumpkin puree canned or fresh
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 white onion about 1 cup chopped
- 2 stalks celery about 1 cup chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic about 2 cloves
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or honey
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pepper to tasteGarnish
- Soup Cream optional
- Fresh parsley or other herb
- Dump the pumpkin puree, vegetable stock, sugar, garlic and spices into your crockpot and stir. Add the chopped vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Process the soup in a blender or food processor to get a smooth consistency. Blend the cooked soup in batches if necessary.
- Add the blended soup back tot he crock pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
- If you want a creamier pumpkin soup, add 1/4 cup heavy cream while blending the soup and serve immediately.Gluten Free
- Make sure to use a gluten free vegetable stock.