Let me just apologize now because your life may never be the same. Hello Crock Pot Monkey Bread. It is easy, decadent, and OH OH so delish! With just a handful of ingredients and a little time you will have an amazing treat for anytime of day.
Armed with a can of biscuits, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and my crock pot. I got to work. I actually used my smaller 4 quart crock pot for this one. Yes, I have more than one 🙂
Take the biscuits and cut them in 1/2’s or 1/4’s depending on the size. Dip each piece into the melted butter, then the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture. Place in a single layer on the bottom of your well greased crock pot. I just used a little of the melted butter to grease mine.
Crank that bad boy on high and let it cook for about 2 hours. DON’T LIFT THE LID. This will increase cook times.
2 hours later it should look like this. Turn off your crock pot. Remove the lid, and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then carefully flip your monkey bread over on a large plate. Drizzle with some frosting or even caramel topping, and serve.
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits (jumbo size (8 biscuits))
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter or margarine (meltedPowdered Sugar icing:)
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Cut each biscuit into halves or fourths depending on the size.
- In one bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. In another place the melted butter.
- Grease the inside of your crockpot with some of the melted butter.
- Dip each cut biscuit into melted butter and then the sugar, then place them in a single layer in the bottom of the crockpot. It's okay if biscuits touch.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Remove the lid and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Then flip them onto a clean plate or tray. Drizzle with icing and servePowdered Sugar Icing :
- It a bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and 1 tsp milk. Add additional milk until it is icing consistency.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.