This post may contain affiliate links.
Let me just apologize now because your life may never be the same. Hello Crock Pot Monkey Bread. It is easy, decadent, and OH OH so delish! With just a handful of ingredients and a little time you will have an amazing treat for anytime of day.
Armed with a can of biscuits, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and my crock pot. I got to work. I actually used my smaller 4 quart crock pot for this one. Yes, I have more than one 🙂
Take the biscuits and cut them in 1/2’s or 1/4’s depending on the size. Dip each piece into the melted butter, then the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture. Place in a single layer on the bottom of your well greased crock pot. I just used a little of the melted butter to grease mine.
Crank that bad boy on high and let it cook for about 2 hours. DON’T LIFT THE LID. This will increase cook times.
2 hours later it should look like this. Turn off your crock pot. Remove the lid, and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then carefully flip your monkey bread over on a large plate. Drizzle with some frosting or even caramel topping, and serve.
Crock Pot Monkey Bread
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits jumbo size (8 biscuits)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter or margarine meltedPowdered Sugar icing:
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Cut each biscuit into halves or fourths depending on the size.
- In one bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. In another place the melted butter.
- Grease the inside of your crockpot with some of the melted butter.
- Dip each cut biscuit into melted butter and then the sugar, then place them in a single layer in the bottom of the crockpot. It's okay if biscuits touch.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Remove the lid and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Then flip them onto a clean plate or tray. Drizzle with icing and servePowdered Sugar Icing :
- It a bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and 1 tsp milk. Add additional milk until it is icing consistency.