This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for something fresh, different, and doesn’t heat the kitchen up? Try this delicious Greek Chicken with Vegetable Ragout!
Greek Chicken & Vegetable Ragout
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours
Total Time 5 hours 40 minutes
- 1 pound carrots cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces, or 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 pound 3-4 medium yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1 1/4-inch-wide wedges
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 14- ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 15- ounce can artichoke hearts rinsed and quartered if large
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Spread carrots and potatoes over the bottom and up the sides of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of the vegetables.
Bring broth, wine, garlic and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour over the chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on low.
Add artichokes to the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk egg, egg yolks and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
Ladle about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid into the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth. Whisk the egg mixture into the remaining cooking liquid in the slow cooker. Cover and cook, whisking 2 or 3 times, until slightly thickened and sauce reaches 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in dill and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and serve.