Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
A quick and easy chicken dinner idea that takes only 5 minutes of prep! This tasty Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe is great for dinner and leftovers!
When you are craving take out pull out your crock pot instead. With just a few minutes of prep dinner can be well on its way. This Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe is flavorful, delicious, and so easy to make. You can even double it and use the leftovers in rice bowls and wraps for lunch later in the week.
How to Make
Gather your ingredients. I used a 7 Quart Crockpot For this recipe but you could use a 5 quart or larger. In a bowl whisk together the sugar, garlic, and ginger. Then stir in the soy sauce, orange juice, and vinegar. Place your chicken breasts in the crockpot and top with the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Once cooked, remove the chicken from the crockpot and set it aside. Carefully transfer the sauce into a saucepan. In a small jar with a lid, combine cornstarch and water, shake until well combined with no clumps. Heat sauce slightly and whisk in the cornstarch mix. Continue stirring while it heats. The sauce will thicken. Can take about 10 minutes.
Shred your chicken and pour sauce over it to serve. Top with sesame seeds for some added flair.
I love recipes like this that take minimal effort to make them gluten free! There is one simple ingredient change to make this recipe Gluten Free. Just use a gluten free soy sauce. Obviously, you will want to double check that all of your other ingredients are gluten free but that shouldn’t be a problem. If you have a hard time finding gluten free soy sauce, it is available on amazon.
Crock Pot Teriyaki chicken is delicious over a bowl of steamed rice, in a wrap, and more! You can even make rice in another crockpot!
I typically serve with rice and stir fry veggies, but you can switch things up and use Cauliflower Rice if you are lowering the carbs. The leftovers are delicious in wraps and on salads too!
Here are a few tips to help you get this on the table even faster!
- Start with Frozen Chicken. If you don’t have fresh chicken on hand but have chicken in the freezer toss it in your crockpot and follow the recipe. Double check the doneness of the chicken when you are ready to serve. It may need about 30 -45 minutes additional cook time.
- Use Chicken Tenders. If I find the boneless chicken tenders on sale I substitute them in this recipe. They are the perfect size for making wraps.
- Turn it into a freezer meal. Place your chicken and sauce ingredients into a gallon sized zip top bag and label it. Freeze it until you are ready to dump it in the crockpot. BOOM….freezer meal!
- Keep Frozen Stir Fry Veggies on hand. I try to keep stir fry veggies in the freezer, at least a bag of frozen broccoli or sugar snap peas to heat as a quick side to this yummy chicken.
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3-4 teaspoon water
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, garlic and ginger
- Whisk in soy sauce, cider vinegar and orange juice until well combined
- Place trimmed chicken breasts in crock pot
- Pour sauce over chicken
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees
- Remove chicken and set aside
- Pour sauce into small saucepan
- In a small jar with a lid, combine cornstarch and water, shake until well combined with no clumps
- Heat sauce slightly, then slowly pour cornstarch mixture into sauce, whisking constantly
- Cook while whisking until thick and heated, about 10 minutes
- Slice or pull chicken and place in serving bowl
- Pour sauce over chicken
- Serve immediately with rice and vegetables
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
- Use a gluten free soy sauce.