This post may contain affiliate links.
Make a tasty coffee cake from scratch and never turn on the oven. Bake a moist and delicious Crockpot Coffee Cake with this easy recipe.
I love baked goods, but in the Summer I don’t love turning on my oven. Lucky for me I have a crockpot and that sucker can bake one amazingly delicious Crockpot Coffee Cake! The cake is moist and delicate every time!
Anytime I bake in my crockpot I line my crock with parchment paper. The number 1 reason is it keeps my cake from sticking to the crock and burning. The number 2 reason is it makes for simple removal from the crock. Finally, the third reason (if I needed one) is the parchment paper makes clean up a breeze.
Just spread out the coffee cake batter in the crockpot, top with the crumb topping, and cover a cook on high for about 2 hours.
Now every crockpot is a little different and yours may have hot and cold spots or may cook a little faster or slower than mine. I would say after 1 hour and 45 minutes keep an eye on your cake. Once a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean it is done. Remember crockpot cake is a little moister than an oven-baked cake.
The result is a delicious home-baked cake that didn’t need you to heat up the oven. You can do so many things with a crockpot. I love mine all year long, but it is my best friend during the Summer because it helps keep my kitchen cool.
This Crockpot Coffee Cake is so perfect for an afternoon cup of coffee with a friend, or just as a special treat for yourself to unwind after a long day.
Crockpot Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk or as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, 2/3 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.Cake
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Crack an egg into a measuring cup and then fill add milk to make 1 cup. Stir in vanilla. Pour into crumb mixture and mix just until moistened.
- Spread cake batter into a parchment lined 5 quart or larger crockpot. Sprinkle top with streusel.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Carefully remove the cake using the parchment paper and let it cool on a baking rack. Serve.