These are the best black beans ever! You have to try this easy Crockpot Cuban Black Beans Recipe! Great by themselves with rice, in wraps, as a side and more.
At least once every couple of weeks you will find these in the crockpot at my house! They are my go-to Crockpot Cuban Black Beans. Not only are these full of flavor, but they are filling. Serve alone with rice, as a side with chicken, in a wrap. The possibilities really are endless.
Crockpot Black Beans Tip
I have gotten to where I pull out my bigger crockpot and make a double batch. Then I just freeze the extras in small freezer bags. That way when I am busy I can pull one out and heat it for lunch. SO SO GOOD!
Dry or Canned Beans
I know it is an extra step, but buying the dried beans and soaking them the night before is a must. Starting with the dried beans allows them to reall soak up flavor and seasoning. The end result will be the best!
Crockpot Cuban Black Beans
- 1 - 16 oz package dry black beans
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ cup chopped Bell pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 to mato
- 1 bay leaf
- Extra diced onion for on top of beans optional
- Place dry black beans in a large pot of water on the stove. Allow to soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans. Place beans in crock-pot. Add about 4 cups of water, just enough to cover.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add Bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent. Add to beans in pot.
- Take a whole tomato and cut it into quarters and place it in the crock pot with the beans.
- Add your seasonings; Bay leaf, Oregano, Salt, balsamic vinegar and a dash of pepper. Place lid on beans and leave in a crock-pot on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.