Crockpot Cuban Black Beans Recipe
These are the best black beans ever! You have to try this easy Crockpot Cuban Black Beans Recipe! Great by themselves with rice, in wraps, as a side and more.
At least once every couple of weeks you will find these in the crockpot at my house! They are my go-to Crockpot Cuban Black Beans. Not only are these full of flavor, but they are filling. Serve alone with rice, as a side with chicken, in a wrap. The possibilities really are endless.
Crockpot Black Beans Tip
I have gotten to where I pull out my bigger crockpot and make a double batch. Then I just freeze the extras in small freezer bags. That way when I am busy I can pull one out and heat it for lunch. SO SO GOOD!
Dry or Canned Beans
I know it is an extra step, but buying the dried beans and soaking them the night before is a must. Starting with the dried beans allows them to reall soak up flavor and seasoning. The end result will be the best!
Crockpot Cuban Black Beans
- 1 – 16 oz package dry black beans
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 to mato
- 1 bay leaf
- Extra diced onion for on top of beans optional
- Place dry black beans in a large pot of water on the stove. Allow to soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans. Place beans in crock-pot. Add about 4 cups of water, just enough to cover.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add Bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent. Add to beans in pot.
- Take a whole tomato and cut it into quarters and place it in the crock pot with the beans.
- Add your seasonings; Bay leaf, Oregano, Salt, balsamic vinegar and a dash of pepper. Place lid on beans and leave in a crock-pot on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
I just made these and they were delicious, thanks for posting!
This is the best slow cooker bean recipe that calls for dried beans that I have tried! I used canned tomato because that is all I had. Excellent!
Does this freeze well? It’s delicious and don’t want to waste leftovers!!!
Yes they do! I have frozen them many times!
Love this recipe! I’ve made it several times and it is super chocked with flavor! The last two times, however, I must’ve done something wrong and they come out pretty bland. I doubled the recipe, doubling all the ingredients. Should I change the ratio for some of the ingredients to keep that zing? Thanks for any thoughts you have!