Bake this amazing fall dessert right in your slow cooker! Try this delicious Crockpot Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Cake. Can even be made gluten-free.
This cake is the real deal! I made it last week, or was it the week before? At this point, anything pre-Hurricane Irma is a blur. This Crockpot Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Cake is not a blur. This cake is so flavorful and moist; it is a must crock this fall.
You just mix the pumpkin cake batter up and pour it into a parchment lined crockpot. No parchment paper? Just make sure you spray the sides well with non-stick spray, but I highly recommend the parchment paper.
The fun part comes with the cream cheese mix. Just spoon it over the top and then swirl it in with a butter knife. Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours. You know it is done when the cake is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The parchment paper makes it so simple to remove the cake from the crockpot and allow it to cool.
Once cool, pour yourself a cup of coffee and dig in. This would be amazing with this Crockpot Pumpkin Hot Chocolate for the kids too!
Crockpot Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Cake
Cream Cheese Mix
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line 5 qt or larger crockpot with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add in the pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin cake batter into the parchment lined crockpot.
- Spoon the cream cheese mix over the top and swirl with a butter knife.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours or until the cake is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the crockpot to cool.
- Slice and serve. Store any uneaten cake in an airtight container in the fridge
- Use a gluten-free flour mix
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.