A sinfully rich and delicious dessert for the entire family! This Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake is a must make treat!
Crockpot desserts are sinful enough! There is something about mixing up something delicious like a cake and smelling it all afternoon while it slow cooks on your kitchen counter. This Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe kicks it up a knotch with it’s ooey gooey chocolateness!
Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake Ingredients
This could be one of the easiest crockpot dessert recipes to throw together. All you need is a box of chocolate cake mix, box of chcolate pudding mix, the ingredients to prepare them according to the package, and some chocolate chips.
What kind of Crockpot is Best?
I have made this recipe in my large casserole crockpot, and in my 6 quart crockpot. While this would work in any crockpot I would say the larger the better for this cake. That way there is room for it to bake and for the pudding to spread evenly throughout!
Gluten Free Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake
Yes, you can totally make this gluten-free! Just use a gluten free chocolate cake mix, or whip up your own. As always make sure your other ingredients are gluten free too!
Dairy Free Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake
You can even make amazing dessert dairy free with just a few substitutions. First of all check and make sure you are using a dairy free cake mix. Double check your pudding mix to make sure it is dairy free (most actually are). Use dairy free milk to make the pudding but use 1/2 of the called for amount. So only 1 cup instead of 2 cups. Finally use a dairy free chocolate chip; Enjoy Life makes a tasty one!
Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (prepared)
- 1 box Instant chocolate pudding mix (3oz, prepared according to package)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a 5 quart or larger crockpot spray it with cooking spray.
- Pour in your prepared chocolate cake mix batter.
- Spoon the prepared chocolate pudding over the top of the cake mix in large spoonfulls.
- Sprinkle the entire cake with chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 2 1/2 hours depending on your crockpot.
- Spoon in a bowl to serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
- Use a gluten free chocoalte cake mix, and be mindful that your other ingredients are also gluten free
- Use a dairy free cake mix. Also, check your pudding mix to make sure it is dairy free (most are).
- Use a dairy free milk alternative like almond milk or coconut milk, however only use half of the called for amount. Example: if the box calls for 2 cups use 1 cup.
- Finally use a dairy free chocolate chip. We prefer Enjoy Life brand.
Looking for more crockpot desserts? We’ve got you covered!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.