CrockPot Chicken Recipes are essential in any Mom's kitchen. Having a bunch of different Chicken Recipes that the family loves....that is a bonus! We have recently discovered this CrockPot Bourbon Chicken and it is definitely a winner.
You can even make the marinade ahead, pour it on the chicken in a gallon freezer bag, label, and freeze, for those busy days when you don't have anything planned. The marinade seeps into the chicken to make it even more full of flavor!
- 4 boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, apple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, water and soy sauce. Pour sauce on top of chicken.
- Replace lid and cook 6-8 hours on low.
- Remove chicken and shred or cut into chunks. If you prefer you can leave the breasts whole, which is what I did.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup cornstarch with 1/4 cup of sauce from the crock pot. Whisk together and pour back into the crock pot to thicken the sauce.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker and let warm until ready to serve. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and garnish with some fresh cilantro or red pepper flakesgluten Free
- Use a gluten free soy sauce & ketchup
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.