Here is a delicious way to use up those Summer Strawberries! Crock Pot Strawberry Jam. Once it is made you can store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer until you are ready to use. You can even take the time to can it so it is shelf stable if you want.
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 4 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1-1.75 oz box pectin or peeled and sliced medium size apple
- Spray crock pot with non stick cooking spray or line with crock pot liner/parchment paper.
- Add ingredients into a bowl. Smash/mix until combined well.
- Add into crock pot. Cover and cook on low for approx 8 hours or high for 4 hours, once strawberries are soft and jam is starting to thicken.
- You can process it in the food processor or blender if you like it less chunky.
- Pour into jars.
- Once it starts to cool, it will thicken more and officially jelly.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.