Here is a delicious way to use up those Summer Strawberries! Crock Pot Strawberry Jam. Once it is made you can store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer until you are ready to use. You can even take the time to can it so it is shelf stable if you want.
Crock Pot Strawberry Jam
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries sliced
- 4 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1-1.75 oz box pectin or peeled and sliced medium size apple
- Spray crock pot with non stick cooking spray or line with crock pot liner/parchment paper.
- Add ingredients into a bowl. Smash/mix until combined well.
- Add into crock pot. Cover and cook on low for approx 8 hours or high for 4 hours, once strawberries are soft and jam is starting to thicken.
- You can process it in the food processor or blender if you like it less chunky.
- Pour into jars.
- Once it starts to cool, it will thicken more and officially jelly.