A classic dinner recipe that can't be beaten! This Easy Crockpot Pot Roast Recipe is a perfect choice for dinner any night of the week! It takes only minutes to make!
There are few dinners that are easier or more satisfying that a delicious Crockpot Pot Roast! I know there are a lot of recipes out there, but as long as you have a great beef chuck roast, some potatoes, and veggies you are good to go!
Usually once a week this is on our menu plan. I love it because it is so easy to throw in the crockpot, and it doesn't taste like I have skimped on dinner at the end of the day! Everything is done at once the meat, potatoes, and veggies. I usually throw a bag of frozen veggies in the microwave or make a quick side salad. Then, dinner is served.
I have been known to cook a much bigger roast than we need for one meal. The leftovers are great heated up with some bbq sauce for sandwiches for another night of the week. Two for one meals are my kinda thing!
You can reserve the liquid from the roast when it is done to create a gravy or au jus for your Crockpot Pot Roast. Also, don't feel limited with your veggie options. We have thrown in carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, celery, etc. before. Feel free to change this up to make it your own and add any veggie you choose.
Crockpot Pot Roast
- 4-5 pound chuck roast
- 2 lbs potatoes mini or quartered russet
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chopped carrots optional
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a 6 qt or larger crockpot place the vegetables and broth.
- Top with the chuck roast. Season the roast with the pepper and garlic salt.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables. In a small bowl stir together cold water and cornstarch to create a slurry. Whisk it into the remaining juices in the crockpot to thicken. This creates a wonderful gravy/au jus for the pot roast.