Skip the grill and go straight to your slow cooker with this delicious and easy Crockpot BBQ Beef Recipe!
Sometimes firing up the grill just isn't going to happen, or you just don't have the time. That BBQ Beef sandwich craving doesn't have to go unhandled though. Pull out your slow cooker and make this delicious Crockpot BBQ Beef! Perfect for sandwiches, wraps, and more!
What Size Crockpot?
The size of your crockpot depends on the size of the roast you use. This recipe calls for a 3-4 lb roast. So I would recommend no less than a 5-quart crockpot. If you plan on doubling or using a bigger roast then I would go for a 6 Quart Crockpot. A programmable crockpot is perfect for this because once the time is up, it will switch to warm and keep your food ready until you are hungry.
Can I make this Crockpot BBQ Beef Ahead of time?
YES! You can totally make this Crockpot BBQ Beef ahead of time. Just cook it as listed and store the meat in a sealed container in your fridge until you are ready to serve. When ready you can reheat in the microwave, on the stove, or right back in the crockpot.
You can even freeze leftovers for another busy day when you don't even feel like pulling out your crockpot.
What to Serve with Crockpot Barbeque Beef?
Oh, this stuff is good in a bowl with a fork as far as I am concerned. YUMMO! This is PERFECTION on a good bread roll for a sandwich. Serve with some Crockpot Baked Beans or some Homemade Coleslaw for a delicious dinner!
Crockpot BBQ Beef
- Pour olive oil in the bottom of the slow cooker liner or spritz with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place beef roast in the crockpot with the fatty side up so the fat drippings baste the roast as it cooks. Rub onion soup mix into all sides of the roast. Pour red wine vinegar and liquid smoke over seasoning. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until fork-tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker. Pull apart roast using two forks.
- Add barbecue sauce to the roast and stir to combine. Serve.